Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Unusual Obsession with Cakes?





This blog is partly a reflection of me, and cakes seem to be a common occurrence in it. Why this unusual obsession with cakes? One may ask.

I am a selfish giver, or in other words I find a great amount of joy by giving people things. I love to give them things that I have put thought into. I love even more to give people things that I have used my talents to make. Be it a homemade purse or hand beaded necklace I find such enjoyment in watching people’s faces when they open my gifts.

I guess that cakes are an extension of this need to give selfishly. I love to see the look on peoples’ face when they see the interesting, tasty, or bazaar (in some cases) cake that I have made from them. The expression of astonishment and happiness gets me every time.

Cakes are a way for me to show people that they are important, and that they matter (how very ideological of me). Behind every picture of a cake that I post on this blog is a person that I care about, as a relationship full of stories.

Eat Up!

No comments: